Saturday, February 15, 2014

That's Very Pinterest-ing


I am addicted to Pinterest and I really think it may be a problem. See, I hop onto my computer pretty much immediately after I wake up or get home. Sometimes, if I'm very hungry, I'll eat first. When I turn on my computer, I have so many different things I could do. I could edit a video, maybe try out that Lego program that was supposedly used to create the Lego Movie (which I feel will end up being my favorite movie of the year), or I could write something. Throughout the day, I tell myself, "I am going to be productive and I am going to create something."

I spend at least half of my free time on Pinterest with the other half probably firmly cemented on Facebook, talking to my fiance (long distance is so not the best). I search through fitspo and thinspo and see if my term I tried to make up on pinterest - fightspo - has caught on (it hasn't but I'm trying anyways). I used to look at it for wedding things, it seemed really helpful for that. I might pin cosplay things for when I get skinny and apparently rich and able to afford Comic Con or DragonCon or whatever.

You know what I don't do during that time? I don't learn how to sew so I can make my own costume as I tell myself I want to while looking at the girls in the impeccable outfits. I don't work out so that I'm as in shape as the girls in the photos. I don't create anything pin-worthy, whether it's a written quote or a comic or a video.

And I find that very Pinterest-ing. Why is it that Pinterest makes me - and probably most other users - feel so oddly accomplished because we found images on the site or on the web and pinned them? Now we have a collection of things that inspire us - but we waste that inspiration finding other things to inspire us to find more. It's nearly insanity to me.

Well, now that I've shared that little bit of inspiration, I guess I'll go sift through the pins for some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment